Customers are still required to be seated when eating or drinking and masks must be worn when not seated, with table service inside and out (we are still waiting for specific details from Braintree district council).
Our opening hours are currently:
Mon & Tues - Closed
Weds & Thurs - 12noon - 3pm and 6pm - 10pm
Fri & Sat - 12noon - 3pm and 6pm - 11pm
Sun - 12noon - 6pm
Mon & Tues - closed
Weds - Sat - 12noon - 2:30pm and 6pm - 9pm
Sun - 12noon - 4pm
We hope to see you all soon for a meal or just pop in for a drink.
Pizza takeaway available Weds & Thurs: 5:30-8pm
Takeaway available (menu on facebook) Thurs - Sat: 6pm - 8pm & Sun: 12noon - 3pm
We will keep the situation under constant review. We thank you all for your support and understanding.
Dave, Kat and team x
The Half Moon Inn is the quintessential historical English Pub, a stunning thatched tavern overlooking Belchamp St Paul village green. Hanging baskets, thatched roof, low beams and real log fire - it simply doesn't get more English country than this.
Built in the early 16th century, most of the original features of the pub have been lovingly maintained and the pub oozes history. The Half Moon has been at the centre of Belchamp St Paul village activity for more than four hundred years.
Dave, Katrina and the team would like to extend a warm welcome to The Half Moon.
All our food is freshly made and locally sourced where possible. We have an ever changing seasonal menu that we would love you to try. We also keep local and national real ales to the highest standard.
Take Away Menu
Please see our Facebook page for the latest menus:The Half Moon on Facebook
All items are subject to availability.
We are also doing chocolate brownies & millionaires shortbread for £2.50 per portion.
In addition to the other items:
- Roast forerib of beef £11
- Roast leg of lamb £10
- Nut roast £9
Both with all of the trimmings.
All items are subject to availability, depending on our ability to receive deliveries. We will monitor the government's policy closely regarding how long we can offer services for.
Call us well in advance to order, demand has been high and we are restricting to no more than two people per 15 minute interval. Payment can be taken over the phone, or cash or card on collection.
(general enquiries only, call us for orders)
We will need a days notice for an order as until we get a feel for demand, it's something of an unknown quantity.
Pizzas are available from 5.30pm - 8pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- (V) Garlic pizza bread £5
- (V) Garlic pizza bread with cheese and caramelised onion chutney £6.50
- (V) Margherita - buffalo mozzarella, sun-blushed tomatoes, basil pesto £10
- The Goat - goats cheese, Serrano ham, caramelized onion chutney, balsamic glaze £10
- (V) The Veggie - artichoke, peppers, olives, mushroom, red onion. (Can be made with Vegan cheese on request) £10
- Texan - chicken, peppers, jalapenos, sweetcorn, red onion, BBQ sauce £10
- American hot - pepperoni, jalapenos, olives, red onion £10
- Hawaiian - ham, pineapple, mushroom £10
- The Spaniard - Serrano ham, chorizo, manchego, olives £11
- The Blue Pig - Stilton, bacon, sun-blushed tomatoes £10
- The King - King prawns, chorizo, red chilli, red onion £12
Please note: We don't allow dogs in the restaurant or bar area but there are several benches at the front and rear of the pub where you and your dogs are very welcome. Let us know and we will provide a bowl of fresh water for your four-legged friend.